It’s part of National Vegetarian Week, and the main event will be a bring & share veggie lunch, from 11 – 2. Progress on our new outdoor kitchen has been fantastic, so we’ll be able to commission the new bbq, with Jayne in charge of cooking facilities.
Activities will include:
– flatbread making, including foraging for herbs to add
– planting our bean den: seedlings are sprouting, and will be desperate to be planted out in the already constructed base & framework for the den
– potato printing
– bug hunt
– bring & share your veggie recipes
– introducing the Seed Lore Library
The scrapstore bus will be open too and the Junk Playground facilities in full use.
Please come along if you possibly can, especially if you haven’t been for a while, come and see everything that’s been happening – even if you just drop in for a short while.
Some other updates for you:
- minutes of our most recent members’ meeting on 2 May are here
- last Saturday’s session at Grove in the Park was filmed by STV, in preparation for the Power of Food festival coming up on 17 & 18 June
- there is a public consultation exhibition on the proposed hotel / office development on the eastmost vacant canalside site this Thursday (tomorrow) & Friday, details here
- we’re hoping to set up a meeting soon with the new owners of the Grove 1 site, Moda Living
- Next month’s members’ meeting will be on Monday 5 June, 6.30 pm at Grove 1