A few things to let you know about from our members’ meeting on Monday – formal minutes still to be written up and published later:
- extra planters on offer at Grove 1: we’ve decided to offer a small number of planters which have recently become free to existing members – whether in addition to one you already look after, or if you’re currently a communal gardener, but for this year would like a box of your own. We want to get these planters into use as quickly as possible, so get your requests in straight away! It might not be quite first come first served, but it would be great to see work starting on them this weekend. By the way, thanks to all the holders of personal planters who got back to us to confirm they’ll be using their planters this year – and to those who’ve let us know they’ll not manage this year.
- Saturday morning group sessions continue as previously publicised at both Grove 1 and Grove in the Park, and from the beginning of April, supplemented by Wednesday evening sessions, with a kind of core time from 6.30 to 7.30 pm, but everybody welcome to arrive earlier and finish later! New member Jayne T has offered to host the first three Wednesdays:) We’re always on the look out for hosts for these sessions, and for help with our other events – the main thing is to make sure that somebody is there at the starting time for the session, it’s not essential to be an expert gardener. Do get in touch!
- We’ve decided to commission an outdoor kitchen, perhaps with a pizza oven. We’ve already had a donation of the proverbial kitchen sink, and by the looks of a post on facebook a beautiful serving trolley! We’re aiming for the kitchen to be ready for June, and we hope to plan several vegetarian meals together that month – and if they’re successful, again in September.
- Our next big event is on 21 May, our spring party as part of National Vegetarian Week. Probably too soon for the outdoor kitchen, but food will be involved, as will the Junk Playground and Scrapstore bus, The Coming Out Of Hibernation event a week last Saturday was a great success, and the Playground and its materials are now available to use by members and their children at any time [a responsible adult member must be present).
- We’ve got a big bag of zoo-poo for Grove 1, and some of it will be taken to Grove in the Park – spread it with love:)
- We’re pleased to welcome the North Merchiston Club as an Associate Member – after the Easter break, their Playgroup will be starting to look after a couple of boxes at Grove in the Park.
- Next month’s members’ meeting will be on Tuesday 2 May, 6.30 pm at Grove 1